6:30 pm Corning City Hall
794 Third St, Corning 96021
This is an Equal Opportunity Program; Federal Law prohibits discrimination. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI. If you need special assistance or translation services to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 530/824-7033 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification in advance of the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
- CALL TO ORDER: 6:30 p.m.
- ROLL CALL: Council: Dave Demo
Jose “Chuy” Valerio
Mayor: Robert Snow
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by the City Manager.
- INVOCATION: Led by Councilor Hargens.
- PROCLAMATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, APPOINTMENTS, AND PRESENTATIONS:
- PUBLIC COMMENTS AND BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR:
- CONSENT AGENDA: It is recommended that items listed on the Consent Agenda be acted on simultaneously unless a Councilmember or members of the audience request separate discussion and/or action.
- Waive reading, except by title, of any Ordinance under consideration at this meeting for either introduction or passage, per Government Code Section 36934.
- Approve the Minutes of the October 24, 2023 City Council Closed Session and Regular Meetings with any necessary corrections.
- November 9, 2023 Claim Warrant in the amount of $584,661.28.
- November 9, 2023 Business License Report.
- October 2023 Wages & Salaries: $392,461.97.
- October 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
- October 2023 Building Permit Valuation Report in the amount of $534,145.
- October 2023 City of Corning Wastewater Operations Summary Report.
- Accept Notice of Completion and authorize release of Retention Funds in the amount of $23,159.20 to Pavement Coatings Co. for the Jennigs Heights Subdivision Road Maintenance & Rehabilitation Project.
- Adopt Resolution 11-14-2024-01 authorizing the submittal of applications to the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery Beverage Container Recycling City/County Payment Program and related authorizations.
- Approve cancellation of the December 26, 2023 City Council Meeting.
- Authorize payment of Invoice #4 to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $53,460.94 for the West Street School Connectivity Project.
- Authorize payment of Invoice #4 to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $83,410.88 for the Olive View School Connectivity Project.
- ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
- PUBLIC HEARINGS AND MEETINGS:
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Award 3-year City-Wide Pest Control Services Bid Contract to Hunter’s Services, Inc. in the amount of $11,500/yr. and authorize staff to execute contract.
- Award 3-year City-Wide Weed Control Services Bid Contract to Hunters Services, Inc. in the amount of $7,749/yr. and authorize staff to execute contract.
- Request approval for the Alcohol Policy for rentals at Rodgers Theater.
- Approve the design and site plan for the Corning City Plaza and Recreation Center.
- ITEMS PLACED ON THE AGENDA FROM THE FLOOR:
- COMMUNICATIONS, CORRESPONDENCE, AND INFORMATION:
- REPORTS FROM MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS: City Councilmembers will report on attendance at conferences/meetings reimbursed at City expense (Requirement of Assembly Bill 1234).
POSTED: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2023