6:30 pm Corning City Hall
794 Third St, Corning 96021
CITY OF CORNING
CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2023
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
794 THIRD STREET
This is an Equal Opportunity Program; Federal Law prohibits discrimination. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI. If you need special assistance or translation services to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 530/824-7033 or via email at email@example.com. Notification in advance of the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
A. CALL TO ORDER: 6:30 p.m.
B. ROLL CALL:
Jose “Chuy” Valerio
Mayor: Robert Snow
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by the City Manager.
D. INVOCATION: Led by Councilwoman Shelly Hargens.
E. PROCLAMATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, APPOINTMENTS, PRESENTATIONS:
F. PUBLIC COMMENTS AND BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR:
G. CONSENT AGENDA: It is recommended that items listed on the Consent Agenda be acted on simultaneously unless a Councilmember or members of the audience request separate discussion and/or action.
1. Waive reading, except by title, of any Ordinance under consideration at this meeting for either introduction or passage, per Government Code Section 36934.
2. Waive the reading and approve the Minutes of the following City Council Meetings with any necessary corrections:
a. May 9, 2023 City Council Regular Agenda Meeting; and
b. May 23, 2023 City Council Closed Session and Regular Meeting.
c. June 13, 2023 City Council Meeting.
3. June 22, 2023 Claim Warrant in the amount of $279,916.96.
4. June 22, 2023 Business License Report.
5. Approve waiver of Recreational Use Fees for the 14th Annual Tucker Mesker Memorial Scholarship Softball Tournament Fundraiser.
6. Authorize payment of invoice #24761 in the amount of $9,122 to R.E.Y. Engineers for the West Street School ATP Connectivity Project Engineering and Environmental Services for work completed between May 1, 2023 and May 31, 2023.
7. Authorize payment of invoice #24762 in the amount of $8,076 to R.E.Y. Engineers for the Olive View School ATP Connectivity Project Engineering and Environmental Services for work completed between May1, 2023 and May 31, 2023.
8. Approve 3-Year Agreement with MGT Consulting Group for State Mandated SB-9 Cost Claiming Services for FY’s 2023/24 through FY’s 2025/26.
9. Approve 3-Year (FY’s 2023-2025)Agreement for Audit Services with Donald R. Reynolds, CPA.
10. Adopt Resolution 06-27-2023-01 establishing the General Fund Appropriation Limit for the City of Corning for Fiscal Year 2023-2024 at $17,395,184.
11. Approve the Mayor’s recommended immediate appointment of Cody Lamb as the City’s representative to the Tehama County Flood Control & Water Conservation District Groundwater Commission.
H. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND MEETINGS:
12. Public Hearing: Adopt Resolution 06-27-2023-02, a Resolution of the City of Corning Authorizing the Adoption of the City of Corning Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
13. Approve for first reading, Ordinance 704, an Ordinance repealing Section 13.14 of the Corning Municipal Code to ensure compliance with the California Water Code Section 10609.60.
J. REGULAR AGENDA:
14. Reject the two (2) Request for Proposals (RFP’s) received for the Corning Library Design & Space Planning due to adequate funding not available.
15. Approve Agreement with DigitalPath, Inc. for tower lease space at the Corporation Yard located at the 1106 Butte Street water tower site.
16. Award Bid for the West Street School Connectivity Project to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $575,977.02 and authorize Staff to execute the Contract.
17. Award Bid for the Olive View School Connectivity Project to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $534,530.98 and authorize Staff to execute the Contract.
K. ITEMS PLACED ON THE AGENDA FROM THE FLOOR:
L. COMMUNICATIONS, CORRESPONDENCE, AND INFORMATION:
M. REPORTS FROM MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS: City Councilmembers will report on attendance at conferences/meetings reimbursed at City expense (Requirement of Assembly Bill 1234).
POSTED: FRIDAY, JUNE 23, 2023