6:30 pm Corning City Hall
794 Third St, Corning 96021
This is an Equal Opportunity Program; Federal Law prohibits discrimination. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI. If you need special assistance or translation services to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 530/824-7033 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification in advance of the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
- CALL TO ORDER: 6:30 p.m.
- ROLL CALL: Council:
Jose “Chuy” Valerio
Mayor: Robert Snow
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by the City Manager.
- INVOCATION: Led by Councilor Hargens.
- PROCLAMATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, APPOINTMENTS, AND PRESENTATIONS:
Police Chief Jeremiah Fears: Introduction of New Police Sergeant.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS AND BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR:
- CONSENT AGENDA: It is recommended that items listed on the Consent Agenda be acted on simultaneously unless a Councilmember or members of the audience request separate discussion and/or action.
- Waive reading, except by title, of any Ordinance under consideration at this meeting for either introduction or passage, per Government Code Section 36934.
- Approve the Minutes of the July 25, 2023 City Council Closed Session and Regular Meetings with any necessary corrections.
- August 3, 2023 Claim Warrant in the amount of $1,003,823.36.
- August 3, 2023 Business License Report.
- July 2023 Wages & Salaries: $415,076.45.
- July 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
- July 2023 Building Permit Valuation Report in the amount of $4,141,605.
- July 2023 City of Corning Wastewater Operations Summary Report.
- Authorize payment of invoice #001 to Pavement Coatings Co. in the amount of $81,407.91 for the Jennings Heights Subdivision Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Project.
- Authorize payment of Invoice #1 to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $61,079.30 for the West Street School Connectivity Project.
- Authorize payment of Invoice #1 to Builder Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $108,435.51 for the Olive View School Connectivity Project.
- ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
- PUBLIC HEARINGS AND MEETINGS:
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Waive the formal bid process as exempt per City Municipal Code Section 3.12.082.4; authorize purchase/installation of custom surfacing for the ADA carousel at Northside Kiddie Park; and authorize appropriation of $28,543.82 from City General Fund Reserves for this unbudgeted purchase.
- Approve the Utility Easement Agreement between the City and the Corning Elementary School District and authorize the City Clerk to record the Agreement.
- Approve Agreement with the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians for continuation of Grant Funds in the amount of $70,000 for the Youth Recreation & Enrichment Program.
- Request City Council direction on extension of Pool Season to August 31, 2023.
- ITEMS PLACED ON THE AGENDA FROM THE FLOOR:
- COMMUNICATIONS, CORRESPONDENCE, AND INFORMATION:
- REPORTS FROM MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS: City Councilmembers will report on attendance at conferences/meetings reimbursed at City expense (Requirement of Assembly Bill 1234).