How do I start a business in the city?

To start a business in the City of Corning you will need to fill out a business license application. All businesses engaging in transactions within Corning’s city limits are required to have a current business license.
If your business will operate out of a building within the city limits you will need a certificate of occupancy form filled out along with a business license application. Additionally, you will need to contact the Building and Fire department to schedule an inspection.
You will need to submit a home occupation form along with a business license application if your business is based out of your home and your home resides within the city limits.

Please click on the link below to view all business forms required.

Close window