The Engineering Division plans, develops, and constructs public facilities, roadways and capital improvements within the City of Corning. The Engineering Division also conducts the appropriate reviews to ensure compliance with the Corning Municipal Code and Land Development Standards and approves the plans for private development projects. This division coordinates with the City's Engineering Consultants and other divisions of our city government to secure funding for projects from outside agencies and State and Federal sources and prepares all required project documentation and regulatory agency reports.
The Engineering Division:
- Conducts land development project review and inspections.
- Develops and designs Capital Improvement projects.
- Advertises projects, reviews bids and awards projects.
- Administers project contracts.
- Develops technical reports.
- Maintains improvement records and maps.