Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources

Coronavirus (COVID-19) frequently asked questions

As of July 1, 2012 California State law requires the following businesses to arrange for recycling services:

  • Any business that generates 4 cubic yards of waste per week; or

  • Any multi-family establishment of 5 or more units

Businesses and Multi-Family communities that meet the threshold must recycle at the place of work or jobsite. The following are recycling options to comply with the mandate:

  1. Subscribe to the recycling collection service of Green Waste of Tehama (530) 528-8500 if located in the unincorporated County or the City of Red Bluff or subscribe with Waste Management (530) 824-4700 if located in the City of Corning. Recycling service provided by either Green Waste of Tehama or Waste Management features single-stream recycling. Simply place all of your recyclables (cans, bottles, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc.) in the recycling dumpster. There is no need to further segregate the recyclables by material type.

  2. Donate recyclable materials to a recycling company. Contact North Valley Services at (530) 527-0407 Ext. 104 for free paper recycling or donate to another recycling company.

  3. Self-haul recyclable material to the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) at the Tehama County/Red Bluff Landfill for free, as long as all items are recyclable and segregated from trash.

  4. Self-haul recyclables to a local recycling center (e.g. Big Foot Recycling, Rob’s Recycling, etc.)

Please note, in many instances you can reduce your garbage service and the associated bill by implementing recycling.

Please contact the Agency to assist with recycling services, including but not limited to, FREE deskside recycling bins, while supplies last.

Note: California State law requires apartment owners to offer recycling services at resident(s) request. Apartment owners may require tenants to recycle.

View the Mandatory Commercial Recycling notification letter sent to businesses in the City of Red Bluff and unincorporated Tehama County and the Mandatory Commercial Recycling notification letter sent to businesses in the City of Corning.

Further compliance information is also available by calling the Agency at (530) 528-1103.

Receive FREE recognition in local newspapers, Chamber of Commerce websites, and the Agency website for being a business that reduces waste and recycles. Join the Smart Business Alliance (SBA) today!

The organizations listed below can take donations of edible food. Please contact the organization first to ensure they are able to take your donation(s). Entities mandated by the State of California to donate edible food must have a contract in place with an organization prior to donating food to that organization.

Corning Senior Center

Corning Christian Assistance

1015 4th Ave., Corning, CA 96021

Karen Burnett – (530) 824-4727

Collection Service Area: Tehama County

Types of Food Accepted: Bread/Bakery, Deli, Dairy, Meat, Produce, Dry Goods (Canned, Packaged Shelf Stable)

Contact the Fire Hall at 530-824-7044.

Close window