Corning Volunteer Fire Department
in 1912 and relied on hose carts and fire hydrants
for fire protection. In 1920, the department purchased
its first motorized fire engine: a 1920 Brockway,
still in use today for parades and other community
events. In 1939 a two-story, three bay facility
was built on Fifth Street, one half block off the
main street. Two bays were added in 1969. In 1990
a new dispatch center was added which includes offices
and living quarters. Housed at the station are three
Class A pumpers, two brush engines and a rescue
The Department protects an area of five square miles,
including a business district, two shopping centers
and two large truck stops. The Corning Volunteer
Fire Department is located at 814 Fifth Street.
The services provided by the dispatch unit will
be conducted in a professional and timely manner.
All contact with the public will be positive and
calm, whether in an emergency or non-emergency situation.
pharmaceutical drug disposal kiosk is available
for the safe disposal of unwanted, unused and
expired medications. This kiosk is located in
the lobby of the Corning Police Department located
next to City Hall at 774 Third Street, Corning,
CA. There is no charge for disposal.
kiosk is provided through a collaborative effort
between the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office,
Corning Police, Tehama County Health Services
Agency, Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency
and Tehama County Department of Education.
Corning Fire Department
“Promoting A Safe Community”
2016 City of Corning all rights reserved